First time in Tanzania or your first time on safari? below is top packing list that can help you to be well prepared and comfortable during your adventure. If you do forget a few things, don’t worry, you can pick up some items in town before you leave.
- Travel Documents
- Valid passport
- Covid-19 certificate for 72 hours before arrival to Tanzania.
- Yellow fever vaccination records/ certificate.
- Tanzania visa, available at the airport upon arrival, USD 100 payable in cash only for US citizens or USD 50 for residents of UK/European Union and most other countries.
- Copy of flight itinerary.
- Copy of travel insurance
- Personal medical insurance
- Credit cards (Visa and MasterCard are most widely accepted).
- Cash in U.S. Dollars (bills MUST have been issued in 2004 or later)
Remember, it’s not a fashion show out there, so be a bit more practical when choosing your safari wardrobe. Try to stay away from bright colors – khaki and other neutral colors tend to work well. It is probably best if you dress in layers since it can get cold, but also very hot.
- Sweater or fleece pullover to keep warm.
- Sturdy boots or sandals.
- Sun hat
- T-shirts or polo shirts (2-5 depending on how often you want to change)
- Long sleeve shirts (lightweight)
- Long trousers
- Travel towel
- Thermal underwear, gloves, and a warm hat (during May-Sept)
- Raincoat and rain trousers (During rainy season Mar-May and Oct-Dec)
- Camera and memory cards.
- Hand sanitizer and wet wipes.
- Insect Repellent.
- Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, eye drops, etc)
- Malaria tablets
- Basic first aid kit and prescription medicines
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Chargers and extra batteries for your camera etc.
- The power adapter to fit the UK style electrical socket.
- Bring soft luggage such as a duffel bag, hiking pack, or sports bag.
- These are ideal for packing into a safari vehicle. Hard suitcases can often be difficult to fit into vehicles.
- Bring a backpack to carry all of your important items including travel documents, money, camera, medication, etc. You should keep this backpack with you at all times.
- Keep luxury items such as hairdryers/ straighteners, expensive jewelry, makeup, and bulky toiletries to an absolute minimum. If in doubt, leave them out.
- If you plan to bring cash, divide it into different areas of your carry-on luggage, wallet, and money belt just in case something happens to one of those carry items.
- Leave some space in your luggage for the all-important souvenirs that you will probably buy.
- There are places where you can send packages home via DHL etc, however, this can sometimes be an expensive option.
What's Your Dream Safari?
We design private, group joining and camping safaris for people who want to explore African pristine wilderness for unmatched wildlife, trekking and cultural tours. Our amazing team of travel designers, local guides work together to showcase Africa beauty in depth.