Reasons to visit Serengeti National Park
- Serengeti is within a couple of hours' drive to Lake Victoria-making it easy to combine with a tour to the Lake.
- Serengeti offers magical moments to track the wildebeest migration on both runs- The calving season around the Ndutu area (Southern Serengeti) - The rutting season around Grumeti (western Serengeti)-Mara River crossing (Northern Serengeti) all in one bucket.
- Walking is one option of choice to add to your game drive, and awaken your senses.
- More than 3000 lions have been recorded in the Serengeti-Mara ecosystem making the area the best for lion sightings on the continent.
- With the flourishing rhino population in the Moru kopjes, and the northern region. Serengeti is becoming a big five destination.
- 300 cheetahs roam the plains making termites mount spotted
- The valleys and rivers where there is water are filled with rafts of hippos.
Affordable Safari Programs
Discover affordable safari programs visiting the Afircas leading National Park the Serengeti National Park Now
Serengeti National Park wildlife
The Serengeti is home to more than 7000 elephants, hyenas spotted and striped, leopard, giraffe, zebra, jackals, hyrax, wild dogs, buffaloes, and baboons, crocodile, and a host of antelope species.
It’s also a birder’s delight, with more than 400 species of bird, including the seven species of vulture found in East Africa therefore all separate from each other either ecologically or in their ranges.
How long to spend in Serengeti National Park?
The accommodation options around Serengeti National Park are very good and with a variety that will suit most pockets. From the very luxurious One nature to the wonderful mid-range Serengeti heritage camp to the well-run campsites such as soronera campsite, there is a lodge option to meet every budget and lodging preference.
What's Your Dream Safari?
We design private, group joining and camping safaris for people who want to explore African pristine wilderness for unmatched wildlife, trekking and cultural tours. Our amazing team of travel designers, local guides work together to showcase Africa beauty in depth.
Join Our Newsletter
Get expert planning advice and new trip ideas from Africa’s leading safari travel specialists